Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: DM-WoodRun


French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
DM-WoodRun
Permalink  
 


Final is available on epic, here :
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=711608

enjoy and thx to all of you guys ;)

woodrunshot5.jpg

-- Edited by NOVA on Saturday 12th of December 2009 02:48:38 AM

__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



Connoisseur of Bourbon!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2906
Date:
Permalink  
 

NICE!! thumbsup.gif
I've been very muchly looking forward to the final of this map!

__________________

I like playing with stuff!



...

Status: Offline
Posts: 4235
Date:
Permalink  
 

It just look sooooooooooo nice mate :D

Kickass map & I'll play it this w-e.

This is a great friday he he !

__________________

Stevie's corner
A blog dedicated to UE4, UDK, UT99 / 2004 / III / 4.

All UT4 CTF custom mapsAll UT4 remakesUE4 links (guide, tut)UE4 resourcesSoftware tools & resources.



Drinker of too much beer

Status: Offline
Posts: 742
Date:
Permalink  
 

Very nice Seb mate. DL.

__________________


French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

thx guys !

__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



its me .. i'm back

Status: Offline
Posts: 1059
Date:
Permalink  
 

Good work Nova bro. (dude you have a good eye, excellent attention to detail, and clean nicely flowing creative style)


I think i posted in the Epic forums so i might have missed this here (don't mind me guys if i miss some threads - i have too much to keep track of in RL - for my excuse)


You know i think while i mention this i should also suggest that it might be a good idea for us to support each other on the Epic forums with each others releases; the reason i say this is because it's very slow over there and getting slower if we don't contribute it might completely dead by the time we release a map pack. lol





__________________

#uck the laser pointer ..  I use a stinger mini-gun .......

The Offspring - Days go by

Sublime - Same Old Situation

 





French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

1xTrEmE wrote:
You know i think while i mention this i should also suggest that it might be a good idea for us to support each other on the Epic forums with each others releases; the reason i say this is because it's very slow over there and getting slower if we don't contribute it might completely dead by the time we release a map pack. lol


Thx 1x ;)

yes I though same as you, this community is dieing, we have to support it ;)

 



__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



crocodile dundee

Status: Offline
Posts: 550
Date:
Permalink  
 

I'm incline too agree but I don't map so what am I talking about.....

A few sites die as soon as I join I guess bad aura. lol

__________________
Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80 Ghz, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, 8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Zeppelin Ram, Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 64, 500GB 32Mb Cache HDD Sata2


French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

Bane the Zergling wrote:
I'm incline too agree but I don't map so what am I talking about.....


A few sites die as soon as I join I guess bad aura. lol



ROFL biggrin

 



__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



crocodile dundee

Status: Offline
Posts: 550
Date:
Permalink  
 

Plus it is the boring holidays still will here it is summer for a month still.

So it might pick back up slowly or might not at all.

__________________
Intel Quad Core i7 860 2.80 Ghz, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, 8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Zeppelin Ram, Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, Windows 7 64, 500GB 32Mb Cache HDD Sata2


...

Status: Offline
Posts: 4235
Date:
Permalink  
 

All forums are rather innactive since few months but it seem worst lately.

Look like a lot of mappers (like us) as gone from Epic, BU, L4Y, Modacity & other forums.

I don't think we must put this uneeded pressure on our sholders to post more on epic or elsewhere just to not let the game die. After all, we're just a little bunch of dudes who maps for there own fun, not to save a game from a company who don't care to support there own product in the first place.

__________________

Stevie's corner
A blog dedicated to UE4, UDK, UT99 / 2004 / III / 4.

All UT4 CTF custom mapsAll UT4 remakesUE4 links (guide, tut)UE4 resourcesSoftware tools & resources.



...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Status: Offline
Posts: 4289
Date:
Permalink  
 

yup it s dying slowly or perhaps it s just mooving in smalest communities.....more solids....more motivated and more addapted "rules"
still epics is the "reference site"



__________________


AMD RYZEN 7 1800x@ 4.0ghz-MSI X370 PRO CARBON-MSI RTX2070SuperGamingX Trio-Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB-SAMSUNG 850Evo-LOGITECH G19-MSI DS300 & HX1200i-COOLERMASTER HAF Stacker915R/935/915F-Custom Loop



...

Status: Offline
Posts: 4235
Date:
Permalink  
 

+1 about Epic been the "reference site".

But there is lack in a lot of aspects. Specially the damn annoying voting system.

__________________

Stevie's corner
A blog dedicated to UE4, UDK, UT99 / 2004 / III / 4.

All UT4 CTF custom mapsAll UT4 remakesUE4 links (guide, tut)UE4 resourcesSoftware tools & resources.



French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

Still making maps is not the best support after all? ;)

__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



...

Status: Offline
Posts: 4235
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yep, making "something", whatever it is shows that people like the game & are willing to take some time to release something.

I'm not "enthousiasm" to release anything on this forum when my creations get a voting of 3.33/5 by a bunch of morrons...

__________________

Stevie's corner
A blog dedicated to UE4, UDK, UT99 / 2004 / III / 4.

All UT4 CTF custom mapsAll UT4 remakesUE4 links (guide, tut)UE4 resourcesSoftware tools & resources.



its me .. i'm back

Status: Offline
Posts: 1059
Date:
Permalink  
 

NOVA wrote:

 

1xTrEmE wrote:
You know i think while i mention this i should also suggest that it might be a good idea for us to support each other on the Epic forums with each others releases; the reason i say this is because it's very slow over there and getting slower if we don't contribute it might completely dead by the time we release a map pack. lol


Thx 1x ;)

yes I though same as you, this community is dieing, we have to support it ;)

Yes! i agree if you look back even 6 months ago when there was a worthy release there were many more active members responding.

I tend to agree with Stevelois as well we shouldn't feel pressure to have to baby sit the forums; its not our duty and we can't be the sole saviors, however on the flip side of the coin i think casually its OK to encourage others, especially each other.

I'll give you an example there is a mod that i like, i'm not going to mention names because this is public venue here, but i dig the mod but the author is very cold in public relations never says your welcome virtually never acknowledges people, except maybe to answer a goofy question here and there, TBH - i don't care to bother with the author or any of their continued work or to support their mod if they can't even show basic manners or rudimentary friendliness.

Look don't be wrong with me bro's I realize that some of us are quiet and less out-going and some are more active, that's all good, i'm just saying that i think what comes around goes around, if you appreciate it when someone says thank you for your hard work, maybe tell them your-welcome and thank them in kind when they have a release, if your not into thanking everyone you can multi-quote i've seen it done very well by my uncle. (sometime he take time to answer everyone individually - i think that's great too) for me i have kids so i've learned to try to treat everyone fair or some (or one) will feel left out or ignored, even if by honest mistake or accident.

Nova your welcome! I hope you don't mind me addressing this issue in your release little bro. (i'll call you little bro sometimes because you and i have some things in common outside of UT, i'm just a little older in RL)

Either way you guys are all a great bunch every single one of you AFAIC.

 



__________________

#uck the laser pointer ..  I use a stinger mini-gun .......

The Offspring - Days go by

Sublime - Same Old Situation

 





French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

I'm not sure to well understand all what you say, but I would just say, as for me, I really don't care about if guys say thx or not when I release a map on a forum, I mean, I create map for me in first, because my RL life sometime tend to be a no man's land, and if I don't paste my free time to create something, I'll die to too much think on my poor life, nothing less...
So ok, I can understand some guy are sad to not have enough "thx" or "5 stars vote", but hey men, is it really important?
Family, friends, love and honestly, that's who is important on life, the rest is wind !

;)

__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Status: Offline
Posts: 4289
Date:
Permalink  
 

not sure to have understand too but i think it s more about authors attitude that the point is:

if they get feedback and posts on their map it s a good point but it s quasi a normal way to have some words in back....just a way to say" i am happy that peeps play my map"

for the stars who care? it s now clear that this system is a total unfair failure and does make justice to anyone else than to some morrons(i ve learned the word from our uncle héhé)
Epics is a "cold" forum as it s modered by pros....it s a good thing imo

all that is not really lethal for peeps it just help to make that cruel world more friendly and it s always nice to see respect and exchanges between humans :p

__________________


AMD RYZEN 7 1800x@ 4.0ghz-MSI X370 PRO CARBON-MSI RTX2070SuperGamingX Trio-Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB-SAMSUNG 850Evo-LOGITECH G19-MSI DS300 & HX1200i-COOLERMASTER HAF Stacker915R/935/915F-Custom Loop



French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

I just re-read the post of 1x and I think I understand better now lol

yes sometime, we test a map and post some comments, and some author don't say thx in first (or forget or are to busy and just reply without say thx), ok it's not cool but I do that sometime too, so I can blame anyone...but it's definitively not really important imo

__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Status: Offline
Posts: 4289
Date:
Permalink  
 

NOVA wrote:

I just re-read the post of 1x and I think I understand better now lol

yes sometime, we test a map and post some comments, and some author don't say thx in first (or forget or are to busy and just reply without say thx), ok it's not cool but I do that sometime too, so I can blame anyone...but it's definitively not really important imo




rofl...if u did it ...it havent jump to eyes...all peeps from here are nice and respectuous; unfortunatly this is not the same on Epics...i have a large 25 % of no answer on first post to unknown mappers....

 

srry for spam in yer topic but as you re admin.... u can clean it easily...haha^^ :p



__________________


AMD RYZEN 7 1800x@ 4.0ghz-MSI X370 PRO CARBON-MSI RTX2070SuperGamingX Trio-Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB-SAMSUNG 850Evo-LOGITECH G19-MSI DS300 & HX1200i-COOLERMASTER HAF Stacker915R/935/915F-Custom Loop



its me .. i'm back

Status: Offline
Posts: 1059
Date:
Permalink  
 

As far as the stars i don't care about those other than when some haters give a good map 1 star just to be nasty or because they don't like someone, its sort of a karma thing, - they have to live with themselves we don't.

As far as thanks and praise - not necessary at all, but to be courteous is a bonus and when people are responsive it helps to keep things on the front pages and keep people motivated, for some all they have is the thanks from others, they aren't as lucky as we are, we have each other, we are like a family of mappers and we have camaraderie that some others only experience on Epic forums by people's friendliness and dialog back and forth.

Nova i really appreciate what you said about your RL, you are indeed my little brother, (if its OK, i've adopt you) we have more in common than i thought.


Back on topic, i am never upset if people don't say thanks, i have a boat load of downloads on my CTF-AndAction! map on my mirror alone and only a handful of mostly friends to say thanks, that's fine, the numbers are a reward TBH. In fact if only 1 single person said thanks or that they had fun it'd be worth it and enough for me. I think if i were to summarize what i'm trying to say - i belive it is polite to say your welcome when someone says thankyou and vice versa.  - This is just what works for me, i'm not saying if other's are more quiet they are wrong, we are all valuable each with our own style and disposition, there is not right and wrong in this situation only opinion, style, & dispositions.

I know sometimes i have missed to respond to some things that i've lost track of or been to busy, not a huge concern because everyone has RL so we all understand the deal at the end of the day. 

OK i'll end with that.

P.S. as Bl!tz remind me, feel free to delete this as well as you see fit, or don't. smile


-- Edited by 1xTrEmE on Tuesday 5th of January 2010 07:03:45 AM

__________________

#uck the laser pointer ..  I use a stinger mini-gun .......

The Offspring - Days go by

Sublime - Same Old Situation

 





French cat under acid

Status: Offline
Posts: 1614
Date:
Permalink  
 

1xTrEmE wrote:
Nova i really appreciate what you said about your RL, you are indeed my little brother, (if its OK, i've adopt you) we have more in common than i thought.


the numbers are a reward TBH.



yep sure we propably have stuffs in common, an astral consequence I suppose lol  (Taurus power)

yep, the number of DL is probably the best reward we can have (If it's what we looking for)

Just a last thing before close this discussion,
I would add the fact that some guys like me never post some long reply just because english is not my first language, and it's not easy for us to post long text you know, so maybe the misunderstanding is here sometime too ;)


 



__________________

Specs: Intel i7 7700 - Msi X3 - MSI GTX 970 - 16Go

UT3, UT2k4 & Swat4 final maps : check my portfolio - Some music by me, it's here



Unreal Old Friend

Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Date:
Permalink  
 

Watery floors, crates and chains, oh my, and...uh...wood.:) This map has nice shadows, sky and underwater flow as well as decent gameplay in a very dark atmosphere. I had a hard time seeing sometimes and did get caught on things a few times. This map played better as a TDM.

__________________
Insite Reviews: [url=http://web.archive.org/web/20110105142835/http://insite.beyondunreal.com/]right here in the web archive[/url]
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard